News & Events
- The next public meeting of the Conard House Board of Directors is scheduled for December 4, 2014. Interested members of the public are hereby notified of and invited to attend this meeting. The meeting will be held at:
First Unitarian Universalist Society of San Francisco
Martin Luther King Room
1877 Franklin Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
Reception: 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Meeting: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Book Release: Cracked, Not Broken: Surviving and Thriving After a Suicide Attempt. A memoir by International Speaker and Lifetime Achievement Award Winner, Kevin Hines.
- 2012 Conard House Gala – The Bridge to Mental Health
- 2011 Conard House Gala – 50th Anniversary Benefit & Celebration
- 2011 Conard House Block Party
- 2010 Conard House Block Party
- Founder’s Day 50th Anniversary Kick-Off Event
A Client's Perspective
"Mental illness affects everyone. My family members were affected by my mental illness. They thought it was just substance abuse, but I had the mental illness that I talked about even before the substance abuse. My family was affected in a negative way in that they didn't know what was wrong with me and how to help me. So it could be a brother, a father, a friend with mental illness. And it's like having an elephant in the living room. If you don't do something about it, then, you gonna have to pay later. …it affects the whole community."